Sunday, November 6, 2011

ASUS VK246H 16:9 Widescreen LCD Monitor with Webcam 24 Inch, Black

ASUS VK246H 16:9 Widescreen LCD Monitor with Webcam 24 Inch, Black

ASUS VK246H 16:9 Widescreen LCD Monitor with Webcam 24 Inch, Black Features

  • 24-Inch Wide (16:9), wall mountable, tilt adjustment only.
  • 1.3 MP Web Cam
  • 2 ms (GTG) Response Time
  • HDMI/24-Pin DVI-D/15-Pin D-Sub
  • 20000:1 Smart Contrast Ratio

ASUS VK246H 16:9 Widescreen LCD Monitor with Webcam 24 Inch, Black Review

I was looking for a good monitor to complete my computer build and i found it. I got this monitor because it had a built in webcam, and i wanted a huge monitor since i have been looking at little laptop monitors for the last 5 years. This monitor works really well, and the webcam works like a charm. I have been using windows 7 for the last few months, and it works great with skype.

I recently "hackintoshed" my computer, so now i have both windows 7 and osx snow leopard. I noticed that when i use iChat to video chat in osx, everything appears darker. I am not sure if this is an issue with the webcam, low lighting, or how the software handles the image. my guess is the latter, since everything works great in windows. This product is only listed as pc hardware, but the webcam does work in osx, and the monitor works perfectly.