ASUS PA238Q 23-Inch Monitor Features
- IPS LED with 50,000,000:1 ASCR and 178° Wide Viewing Angle
- 100% sRGB. Low Delta E for enhanced color reproduction
- Height/Swivel/Pivot/Tilt Adjustable with 7-in-1 Card Reader
- Robust Connectivity with DisplayPort, HDMI, and USB Hub
- Quick Fit Virtual Scale for easy scaling and alignment
ASUS PA238Q 23-Inch Monitor Review
I've had two of these monitors for a little over a week, and it's everything I was looking for. The color accuracy is practically flawless in sRGB mode. I bought this mainly because it was claimed to cover the full sRGB gamut, and after my calibration/testing, I found this to be true to claim. I here I thought that "individual calibration" sheet in the box was just marketing. My previous sRGB IPS panels covered about 87-90% at best, and uniformity was hit or miss. I would have preferred a CCFL backlight like it's big brother, but the thinness and power/heat savings of the LED panel does have it's benefits. The fit and finish of the monitor is extremely high, and very professional (absolutely love the quick fit feature when working in Lightroom).The screen coating is minimal as well. Don't worry about the "low" spec'd brightness either, it is not a problem. I personally could care less about off angle viewing, as I don't do it, but it is as one would come to expect from any IPS panel (that is to say, great). The response time is fast enough for games as well, though some can give it a work out. I also really appreciated that they give you every input cable it accepts (minus hdmi). Asus is taking their Pro Art line very seriously it appears, and that's just one more reason I love their products.
This sRGB IPS monitor is in rare company, and definitely deserves serious consideration in this price/size range.
*** Product Information and Review : Sep 20, 2011